20 questions with Benjamin Gibbard:(from 2000).
23 years old
None that I've been made aware of.
4. Favourite colour?
5. Favourite food?
Vegetarian Pad Thai with no egg
6. Word or phrases that you overuse?
"Sketch!" and "system" (as an all encompassing noun: "this place is a sketch system.")
7. Favourite sport?
8. Favourite book?
"On the road" by Jack Kerouac
9. If your house was on fire and you could save only one thing, what would it be?
10. Favourite movies?
Slacker, The Graduate, Kicking and Screaming, and Short Cuts.
11. your hobbies?
Music, thrifting, and bathing.
12. Favourite place to visit?
That's a tie between Modesto, CA and San Francisco: good thing they're right next to each other...
13. Favourite ice cream flavor?
I'm a vegan, so I don't eat ice cream...however i'm really fond of mint chocolate chip rice dream (this hippie ice cream substitute).
14. If you were a vegetable, what would you be and why?
I would be an onion if (and only if) an onion is a vegetable because they're sneaky.
15. Is the glass half empty or half full?
16. Musical influences?
Beatles, Smog, Bedhead, Codeine, Magnetic Fields, and Superchunk to name a few.
17. If you weren't doing music right now, what do you think you'd be doing with your life?
I'd be wondering where it went wrong.
18. Favourite song at the moment?
"Our Way to Fall" by Yo La Tengo
19. Best show you've ever been to?
Low, Velocity Girl and Sunny Day Real Estate at the OK Hotel, June 1994. Back before Low had an album or SDRE a stagecrew.
20. Favorite death cab song?
I think "Company Calls Epilogue" is my favorite DCFC song right now, but I hope to have a new and better one soon...
More Individual Bios: